Our Surrey Vancouver dentists offer Invisalign® to patients looking to straighten their smile discretely, without the hassle of metal braces. In order to keep your aligners practically invisible, it's important to clean them properly every day.
Invisalign to Straighten Your Smile Discretely
Invisalign's clear aligners are ideal for people who are concerned about how they might look to others while they are straightening their teeth.
The benefits of Invisalign over braces are clear! Invisalign aligners are almost completely invisible when worn, and they're removable.
To keep your orthodontic treatment on track, and to keep your aligners barely visible, you will need to keep your aligners clean and in good condition.
Invisalign Aligner Care
Whenever your aligners aren't in your mouth, be sure to store them in their handy case. This will help to prevent damaging them when you aren't wearing them.
Clean Your Teeth & Aligners
Every time you remove your aligners, it's essential to brush and floss your teeth before putting them back in your mouth. Giving your aligners a quick rinse under warm water, or gently cleaning them with mild soap a soft toothbrush before putting them back on your teeth is also a good idea. This can help to prevent food particles and plaque from getting trapped between your aligners and your teeth.
The Invisalign® Cleaning System
The Invisalign® cleaning system is available from your dentist to help you keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear. Soaking your aligners for just 15 minutes a day in the Invisalign cleaning solution can help to remove plaque from your custom aligners.
All you need to do is:
- Remove your aligners and rinse them.
- Fill the cleaning container with warm water then place the aligners into the container.
- Add one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals to the container then shake gently for 20 seconds.
- Allow your aligners to soak for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, gently shake once more.
- Remove your aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot water) and place your aligners back on your teeth.