If you've got new dentures it's going to take a little time for your mouth to adjust to eating with them in. Chances are that you will need to stick to soft foods for some time. Here are a few soft food suggestions to help you along.
After your extraction, and once again after you are first fitted for your new dentures, you are going to have to stick to a diet of soft or liquid foods.
Planning is going to be key to keeping your meals interesting and appetizing during this time.
Check out our list of soft food suggestions and be sure to stock up so that you always have healthy and tasty foods on hand when you get hungry.
Soft Food Suggestions For People with New Dentures
- Home cooked big-batch soups
- Canned soups (if you prefer not to cook)
- Noodles and pasta
- Ripe avocados
- Cooked vegetables (almost any vegetable can be cooked soft)
- Well cooked leafy greens
- Low sodium vegetable juice
- Soft cheeses such as: cottage cheese, ricotta, mascarpone
- Melted hard cheeses
- Soft breads for dipping
- Eggs anyway you like them
- Regular or baked beans
- A variety of sauces
- Meats that you can cook soft, like fish or ground poultry
- Oatmeal or porridge
Sweet Foods (treat yourself!)
- Fruit juice
- Smoothies and milkshakes
- Bananas and other soft fruits
- Muffins, pancakes, and waffles
- Ice cream and custard
Plan ahead and have lots of soft meals handy in order to make those first few days with dentures a little easier.